Friday, March 19, 2010

Just for Laughs -Safe boy concept !

A new breed of men/boys is seen in the world these days. Or is it just a new concept in the relationships world . The safe guy/boy concept -this term first coined in Farhan Akhtar movie"Karthik Calling Karthik", seemed to be always around even before this movie. The definition is a little vague but goes like this - " Apparently any guy who's the always-there-for-you types, totally reliable, sweet and sensitive (definitely an important clause) ..i am thinking for more obvious qualities...usually need not be flirty, rugged , sweep you off your feet-( as he can't be under the other given restrictions), maybe shy,maybe loves being the victim or maybe rather melodramatic,(I say maybe because these are not mandatory) but I hope you get the idea. In ref to which Deepika Padukone says to Farhan in the movie : " I toh can't even imagine you misbehaving with any girl...can't even imagine". This concept is already seen in How I met Your mother and a bunch of movies.I think it can be a type of guy or also a phase of sorts when a guy is head over heels over some girl - and hey I am not picking these properties randomly , just out of life's experience ...yeah I know sad...as it is ...I have the misfortune of being told repeatedly that I am exactly this type of guy ...My best Friend Rosh says : its called "nice moron types" ,another bandi told me that I am safe nice guy jisko dekhe toh aisa dar hi nahi lagta kehte , totally reliable and will never hit on her types kehte (thus denying me any opportunity even if I wanted to )..and another example: met her for an hour ..got her life history in another ..she told me the same safe boy stuff in another half an hour with her head on my shoulders...and I was also suggested that I will never change and get arranged marriaged by 24 ...all this made me imagine how in the world do I pull it off repeatedly ..seriously ! Anyway..my reactions apart ..returning to the concept I am drawing these qualities from the movies and the sitcom too...and thinking why this breed doesn't deserve a decent girlfriend...............................................................

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home